The I2C SCI HAL module is a high-level API for I2C Master Applications and is implemented on r_sci_i2c. The I2C SCI HAL module uses the SCI peripheral on the Synergy MCU. Callbacks are provided for transmit complete and receive complete.
The I2C SCI HAL module supports the following features:
- Support for I2C SCI operations
- Support transactions with a slave I2C device
- Callback support
The I2C SCI HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the I2C SCI HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Errata
Section 6: Using the Module in an Application- Note added at the end of the numbered list.
The typical steps in using the I2C SCI HAL module in an application are:
- Initialize and open the I2C SCI HAL module using the open API.
- Transfer data to the slave using the write API.
- Receive data from the slave using the read API.
- Operate on the received data as needed by the application.
- Reset the instance with the reset API (if needed).
- Perform transactions with slave device (if needed).
- Close the channel using the close API.
Note: Optionally change the slave address using the slaveAddressSet API and then perform read/write transactions with the new slave device.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- PDC Web Camera Getting Started Guide - Application Project here.
- HMI Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor Controller - Application Project here.
- Getting Started with the Weather Panel Application- Application Project here.
- The I2C SCI HAL module is used in the Developer Examples available as a template when a project is created in SSP for the DK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to create a project using the template here.
Known issuesRefer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.